1. Participate in establishing policies of improving local investment environment and preferential measures of utilizing foreign investments; carry out and implement national policies and regulations on foreign investment attraction.
2. Be responsible for Dongguan's foreign trade and economic information construction; participate in formulating Dongguan's investment promotion plans, catalogues and promotional materials; provide guidance and coordination to various towns, sub-districts and zones in respect of investment promotion work.
3. Participate in organizing citywide large-scale investment promotion and presentation activities.
4. Participate in working out strategies and plans for and making suggestions on promoting foreign trade development.
5. Participate in drafting plans for exploring the international (overseas) market and researching and promoting new modes of trading, including e-commerce; undertake relevant work to promote the development of export-oriented private enterprises.
6. Organize exhibitions and negotiations in China and abroad to promote diversified development of the local export market.
7. Participate in laying down the development strategies for transformation and upgrading of Dongguan's processing trade.
8. Participate in working out policies and measures to optimize the foreign-oriented local economy.
9. Organize and coordinate Dongguan-based foreign-invested enterprises to file complains, and accept and handle such complaints.
10. Undertake other tasks assigned by the higher authorities, including the Bureau of Commerce of Dongguan City.